Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Living on the Edge

.






I grilled these chops for dinner Wednesday night. They were so gorgeous, I took a picture. These are "America's Cut" chops and they are our favorite cut. They are so thick and juicy -- it's like eating a steak. Unfortunately they can be almost as pricey as a steak so look for them to go on sale.

There were many jokes around the table Wednesday night about eating pork --- living on the edge. Yes, we know that you can't get the Swine Flu from eating pork. I can't imagine that anyone ever would think that, but based on what I've read, there are folks who do think that. I really hope the pork industry doesn't take a hit from all this -- our poor farmers don't need it.

The recipe for the marinade I used can be found here. Go support your pork farmers.

.

No comments: