Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Atsa Spicy Pizza Sausage

.


I tried this pizza sausage recipe a few weeks ago and have had the picture on my computer since. Though not my recipe, it's worth re-posting because it's goooood. I had never made sausage before, but how easy it was! I really liked buying my own lean ground pork (if your grocer doesn't have any you can ask your butcher to grind a couple lean pork chops) and white meat ground turkey. It was nice to know exactly what was in my sausage meat. The recipe came from myrecipes.com and received a five-star review. I divided the recipe into thirds and that was plenty for one pizza night. I stored the other two-thirds in the freezer. The sausage would also be yummy cooked with some peppers and onions and placed on Italian rolls.



This was all sausage and half red onion and red peppers --
the onion and pepper side was really yummy.



Atsa Spicy Pizza Sausage

1 pound ground turkey
1 pound ground pork
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
1 T. fennel seeds
1 1/2 t. crushed red pepper
1 t. salt
1/4 t. dried thyme
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
4 garlic cloves, crushed


Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned,
stirring to crumble. Drain.

Note: The sausage can be frozen in zip-top plastic bags for up to 3 months.



.

No comments: