Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Weekly Menu


.
Cooking meals gets harder and harder to do this time of year. Between having more events on our calendar, and having more activities to fit in (shopping!), cooking tends to get squeezed out. That's why it's even more important to have a menu and to grocery shop. If I didn't have a menu and the foods with which to cook in my pantry, I'd surely be ordering out every night. Not good for the budget or for our health.

This week I'll also add baking to the things to do. Last year I posted a lot of our traditional cookie recipes (and some we tried and didn't like). You can find all of my posted cookie recipes here. If I discover any new and wonderful recipes, I'll be sure to post them.
Link


Saturday
Lunch: Skyline conies
Dinner: Deep dish pizza

Sunday
Lunch: ??
Dinner: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, bread

Monday
Lunch: leftover pizza
Dinner: Cajun Chicken Bourbon Bites
, white rice, steamed broccoli

Tuesday
Lunch: Tomato soup and cheese quesdaillas
Dinner: Reubens,
potato salad

Wednesday
Lunch: Wendy's chili
Dinner: Marinated Grilled Pork Chops, Orecchiette with bread crumbs, salad

Thursday
Lunch: Burgers
Dinner: Tortellini Soup
, Hearth bread

Friday
Lunch: bagels and cream cheese
Dinner: Tuna noodle casserole, buttered peas, fruit

*Tried and true

.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I started seriously sticking to menu-planning when we did the Month of Nothing in September. I keep my calendar on gmail and have my menus on it, that way I can see if the meal that is planned conflicts with an event or the day's schedule. And I love being able to easily move things around or repeat them once a month!

Oh! We've save $200 per month since I started!