Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Weekly Menu

.
Link
This week after Thanksgiving finds me lacking much enthusiasm for cooking. My family needs to eat, however, and so I must cook. Sadly, you'll find nothing exciting here -- mostly same old, same old. I'll let you know how Deborah's Fish and Chips are, which we are trying tonight, and the pork chops on Tuesday that look promising. Much of what I am preparing is with ingredients I have on hand. While I may have gotten the Thanksgiving turkey for a good price, the rest of the holiday food and beverages were fairly costly.


Saturday -- Feast of St. Brendan of Birr
Lunch: Skyline Chili
Dinner: Fish (haddock) and Chips, Peas and Bacon
, standard mayo tartar sauce, crusty bread
Sunday
Brunch: scrambled eggs, Panera Holiday Bread, blueberry muffins
Dinner: Turkey Tetrazzini, crusty bread, salad

Monday
Lunch: Chicken Noodle Soup
Dinner: Pork Chops with Country Gravy
, mashed potatoes, buttered corn
Link
Tuesday
Lunch: pancakes and sausage
Dinner: Individual Meatloaves
, cheesy rice, broccoli and cauliflower

Wednesday
Lunch: chili
Dinner: Scalloped Potatoes and Ham, cornbread, fruit

Thursday
Lunch: Birds Nests
Dinner:
Italian Tortellini Soup, Italian bread

Friday
Lunch: Mac and cheese
Dinner: Tilapia Chowder
, savory muffins

* Tried and true
* New to me

.

No comments: