Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

St. Elizabeth of Hungary Cake

.



Yesterday's feast day celebration ended with this delicious festive cake. If you're celebrating a feast day and are in need of a crown cake, I highly recommend this method -- it couldn't be more simple and it certainly was delicious. I used this Hungarian Cake because it was appropriately Hungarian for St. Elizabeth, but you can use any bundt or ring cake. I glazed it with a thick powdered sugar glaze (much like a double batch of this Bun Bread glaze -- I used half & half instead of milk) and then topped it with some big old-fashioned gumdrops.

My little Peach declared it to be the most beautiful cake ever. She's easy to please that way. It wasn't actually the most beautiful cake ever, but it certainly resembled a crown and it was tasty, and I think the kids will remember the story of St. Elizabeth of Hungary when they think of it.

.

No comments: