Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Angel Food Cake -- Feast Day Food for Your Sweetest Little Angels

.



More pictures from the big camera upload last week -- this one I give photo credit to Peach because she was so enamored of her dessert she took several photographs. She also took a self portrait of her sweet little face with traces of whipped cream around the mouth.

Growing up, I was never a big fan of Angel Food Cake, but I think maybe it was an issue of quality. No offense, mom, but boxed angel food cake just doesn't hold a candle to homemade. Since I recently found out how wonderful a scratch Angel Food Cake is, I really enjoy pulling out the recipe for Angel Feast Days.

On the Feast of the Guardian Angels last week, I intended to make this recipe, but found I was out of cocoa (all those Whoopie Pies). Instead I tried this one, which was equally as good. It was so good, in fact, it will definitely show up on the menu on days other than Angel's Feast Days -- just for my own little angels.


.

No comments: