Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Weekly Menu

.
Could it be? Is my "honeymoon" over so quickly? My mom is not coming to help out with the laundry anymore, and Doug went back to work Monday. I guess my recovery is officially over. I wish my body felt like it was. While I still have a few meals in the freezer, I don't have enough to get through the next week, so I'm going to have to go to the grocery store and actually stand in the kitchen and cook. I can't tell you how nice it was to pull a meal from the freezer each day during my recovery. And while I've never been one to cook ahead and freeze food for everyday living, I might just start doing a little more of that. It was a great relief to know that dinner was all but hot, and I can imagine on a busy day it would be a pleasant thought.

This week my brother and his family are coming in to town from Maryland. I love seeing my brother and his wife and my beautiful niece and nephew (our Godchildren), but I'm not sure I'm up to much entertaining yet. So, what do you do? Yep. Order pizza. That's what we'll do Saturday and then I'll hopefully be up to entertaining -- KISS -- later in the week (that's me that's stupid, not you).

Saturday
Lunch:
Dinner: Pizza party -- family visiting

Sunday
Lunch: grab a bite out after Mass
Dinner: Five Cheese Lasagna, French bread, green vegetable

Monday
Lunch: mini pizzas
Dinner: Baked Steak
, mashed potatoes, buttered corn

Tuesday -- Feast of St. Martha, patron of cooks and housewives
Lunch: Turkey Wraps
Dinner: Hearty Beef Stew, cornbread

Wednesday
Lunch:
Quesadillas
Dinner: Overnight French Toast, sausages, fresh strawberries

Thursday -- Feast of St. Ignatius of Loyola
Lunch: nachos
Dinner: Light and Spicy Fish, Spanish Rice
, Pan de Horno

Friday
Lunch: egg sandwiches
Dinner: dad gone for dinner -- who knows what we'll have?

* Tried and true
* New to me

.

2 comments:

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Is it selfish of me to be a little happy that the honeymoon is over? I've missed you!

Prayers for continued recovery, though.

Barbara said...

Not selfish. I don't mind being missed -- I just wish I really felt like being back in the kitchen again. I want to be 100 percent but the old bod is not. I'd be generous to say I'm 50 percent. Prayers appreciated!