Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Weekly Menu

.
This week should be a fun summer week. While I'm trying to get some meals in the freezer, I will try to limit my cooking to the weekend -- we're being treated both weekend nights to dinner by our parents. We're celebrating Doug's new job and my upcoming birthday with Doug's parents on Saturday at a Mexican restaurant, and my mom is cooking my birthday dinner on Sunday. We almost never go out to dinner, and rarely have anyone else cook for me, so this is really a big double header for us!

During the week I will try to limit my freezer prep to breads and breakfasts, although I may allow one day for cooking. I'm trying not to become consumed with this whole thing, but it's hard when you know you will really be out of commission for several weeks.


Saturday
Lunch: grilled pizza
Dinner: Celebration dinner with Doug's parents

Sunday
Lunch: BLTs
Dinner: My mom is cooking my birthday dinner (my birthday is not Sunday, but I will be 46 years old this week -- I am getting OLD!)

Monday
Lunch: Cheese and bean nachos
Dinner: Honey Soy Glazed Chicken,
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Scallions, Cheddar biscuits, fresh fruit

Tuesday
Lunch: Bagels and cream cheese
Dinner: Pasta with Creamy Tomato Sauce, salad, bread
(I'm trying a recipe from the latest Cook's Illustrated magazine -- I'll let you know how it is).

Wednesday
Lunch: Ham Cubans
Dinner:
Santa Fe Pork Chops with Firecracker Salsa, baked potatoes, green beans
Rita's for a little birthday dessert

Thursday
Lunch: snack wraps
Dinner: Blueberry French Toast
, fried ham

Friday
Lunch: Pancakes
Dinner: Crab Rangoon
, Chow Mein, steamed vegetables

* Tried and true
* New to me

.

No comments: