Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

About the Pudding

.

The pudding pops are good -- really good. I made a double batch of the pudding and used it in tonight's Strawberry Shortcake. I know I said I don't mess with that recipe, but since I was making the pudding pops, I figured, why make two kinds of vanilla pudding? I'm glad I did. The pudding is really good. And very easy. There's just no reason to use fake pudding with a recipe like that. And it's good for you (well, a little fattening, but really good for kids). I'll be using that recipe for my Shortcake from now on.




I also messed a little with the biscuit recipe. I was in a hurry, so I added a little extra milk and then used an ice cream scoop to plop mounds of dough onto the cookie sheet. They were nice -- not quite the texture you get from rolling it and cutting it, but nice. I added some sliced nectarines and a squeeze of lemon juice to the strawberries and they offered a tangy little twist to the dish. Dinner was good (if I do say so myself), but dessert was really the
pièce de résistance. I may eat it again for breakfast.

.

No comments: