Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Weekly Menu


.

We're headed for another busy week in our household getting ready for graduation for one son and the end of the school year for the others. I'm really trying to watch our budget right now -- since we have a big party coming up. So, if you notice some really downright cheap meals on the menu -- that's what's going on. I continually notice prices rising at the grocery store, and my bill, even thought I'm fairly consistent in what I buy, is rising each week. I keep thinking, "Some thing's got to give." But, I don't think they will -- at least not the grocery prices. My Giant Eagle has chicken thighs and round steak on sale for a great price this week, so I'll take advantage and make two meals with those. I may even make extra for freezing a meal ahead.

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline chilitos
Dinner: Veggie and Pepperoni Pizza

Sunday
Lunch: Sausage gravy and biscuits, eggs
Dinner: Baked Steak with Tangy Tomato Sauce
, mashed potatoes, sauteed zucchini and onions

Monday
Lunch: leftover pizza
Dinner:
Creamy Parmesan Pasta with Turkey Meatballs, bread, salad

Tuesday
Lunch:
Rachael Ray's Stovetop Cheddar Mac, apple slices
Dinner: Overnight French Toast, sausages, fresh fruit

Wednesday
Lunch: Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, veggies
Dinner: Melt-in-your-mouth Braised and Barbecued Chicken
, brown rice, stir-fried vegetables

Thursday
Lunch: Quesadillas
Dinner: Taco Soup, bread

Friday
lunch: Birds' Nests
Dinner: Linguine and Clam Sauce
, salad, bread

* Tried and true
* New to me

No comments: