Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Frozen Food

I have lots of leftovers from the Christmas season, some of which I hate to waste. I need to go through my fridge and figure out what can be frozen. Answering another reader's question about freezing cookies, I went looking online for a chart to determine how long food can be frozen. There are a few out there, but I thought I'd link to this one since it looks pretty comprehensive. I'm going to print it out, put it in a ziploc bag and put it in the freezer. And make sure you date the stuff going on -- you know you won't remember.

.

2 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Thanks for that site. I'm going to save that chart too.

How is it going with your "alternative cookware" efforts? Have you found a way to cook that won't aggravate your child's medical problem?

Barbara said...

Barb,
Honestly I never made any decisions about buying new. I'd really like some le Creuset, but can't afford any right now. I've been making do with the Calphalon I have, cast iron and my non-stick. His skin is pretty good right now, but winter is a better time for him, so for now I really won't know if it's my efforts or just winter.

My second oldest was just diagnosed with reflux, so now I'm cooking around his diet. Between the nut and nickel allergies, and the reflux, I think we should go straight to baby food!