Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, July 2, 2007

Weekly Menu -- July 2 through July 8

This week is a busy, kind-of crazy one. With the Fourth right in the middle of the week, I'm not sure if there will be more, or less, celebration than usual. Doug went today to get lots of fireworks -- all legal of course ;o) -- which may drag the celebration of Independence Day all the way into the weekend.

We are having BBQ ribs on the Fourth with my Bacon and Onion Potato Salad. I'll post my Apple Pie later in the week -- it's the only Apple Pie I make because I love the crumble topping.

Thursday's Chicken Stuffed with Pesto is a great, gorgeous dish, and worthy of a nice dinner, even though we're having it on a weeknight. I have loads of basil to use up from the garden, so this dish will put a small dent in it. With
Michael's tree nut allergies, I don't use pine nuts -- I just add some toasted bread crumbs instead. I'll post the recipe.

We're having a big family get-together on Sunday. My brother's bringing a cheesecake, which I've heard is to die for. If he'll share the recipe, I'll post it.

Monday
Lunch: leftover brats
Dinner: BLTs, chips, fruit

Tuesday Feast of St. Thomas, apostle
Lunch: cheese quesadillas
Dinner: Pasta and Vodka Sauce, Salad, Bread, Risengroed

Wednesday
Lunch: grilled hot dogs and chili sauce
Dinner: salsa and chips, BBQ Ribs, Potato Salad, Grilled Veggies, Apple Pie

Thursday
Lunch: Birds' Nests
Dinner: Chicken stuffed with Pesto, Chicken rice, Peas and Carrots

Friday Feast of St. Maria Goretti
Lunch: Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
Dinner: Linguine with Clam sauce, Salad, Bread

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline
Dinner: Pizza

Sunday
Lunch: Omelets, toast
Dinner -- Family Get-Together: Hot Dogs, Brats, Burgers, Fruit and Dip, chips, Cheesecake

1 comment:

Marye said...

love your blog! I just checked it out for the first time..I linked to it at my *other blog* @ bakingdelights.com
Welcome to the blogroll!!!