Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Whipped Butter


This really does not count as a recipe, but now that I have discovered it (thanks to Jennie at Far Beyond Pearls) I cannot imagine living without it, and thought that I would share. To stretch her store of butter, Jennie whipped two sticks of butter with oil and water and found that it makes as much as 2 cups or whipped butter. I've tried it and cannot believe that it really tastes just like butter. But it is very spreadable, even when cold. I have used it on toast and grilled sandwiches, but not baked with it. I don't think the measurements would be the same, so I won't try that. I think, barring baking, you could use it for everything that you use butter for. It's healthier than plain butter, but Jennie discovered some questionable news about Canola oil, so I used plain vegetable oil. I'm sure you could use light-tasting olive oil with good results, too. I used salted butter, because I like the salty flavor on toast, but you could use salted or unsalted.


Whipped Butter

2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. water

Beat softened butter until whipped and creamy. Slowly, drizzle oil into mixing bowl with butter until completely incorporated. Then slowly drizzle the water in and beat until butter resumes creamy, whipped look. Place in container and refrigerate.

No comments: