Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Menu Planning

I have been getting better at meal planning now that everyone is back in school. I inventoried the freezer and pantry and I am eating from the stores, so to speak. I use my Catholic Daily Planner to write my meal plans down, but sometimes I'm at the store and my calendar isn't with me (I plan and I plan, but never get it quite all the way there -- something is always missed).

I decided to write my calendar on Google calendar so I can access it with my phone. And now you can see it, too, if you are so inclined. I will update it as I fill in more dates.



Just out of curiosity, can you see the menu items on my calendar? Because when I am on my phone, I can't, which kind of defeats the purpose.

10 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Do you have OneNote on your home computer? If you do, you can download OneNote or Outline+ for your phone and access stuff that way. You can paste a calendar table into OneNote and use that for the planning.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Oh, and aren't Michele's calendars great? Which cover did you choose for yours? (I have the San Damiano Cross, and I'm so glad she began including that one!)

Barbara said...

Barb, I don't have OneNote (embarrassed to say never heard of it) or Outline+.

I chose L'Innocence for my cover. Last year I had The Angelus.

Barbara said...

PS I guess that's because I have a Mac.

Barbara said...

Just checked out Outline+ but I'm too cheap to spend $20 to do menus. ;-)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I don't blame you! I got it when the price went down to free for mobile devices, and it syncs with OneNote that I already had.
I guess you will need to ask a MAC person for a recommendation! ;)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

SPRINGPAD. That will solve your whole issue. It's free and syncs across devices so you can make the menu on your computer and your phone will find it when at the store. You can also save the recipes you want to try, so if you're shopping you can do a quick ingredient check.

Linda said...

I can clearly see Ham Steak on the 6th! :)

Linda said...

BTW, I think this is a great idea!

Jane said...

I have been using Google Calendar for my menus for many years. Often I past the recipe into the note section and cook right from my laptop. I use Google Drive to save my recipes so everything is easily accessable wherever I am.