Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day menu




I'm having a very typically busy early May, torn between the indoors, making rosaries for First Holy Communions, sewing for summer, and being outdoors in the garden. Usually indoors wins.

 I'm cooking, but mostly same-old, same-old and not very blog-worthy. This weekend we are planning to enjoy Mother's Day with both of our mothers. My mom and brother and his mother and father will come to our house and I'll pretend like I didn't really cook. It's kind of crazy. My husband always says "don't cook" but then we have all these people and they generally want to eat when we invite them for dinner. 

Saturday evening we will go to Mass because my second-born son has to work from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday (go Best Buy -- best employer of the year award for you!). We are going to enjoy dinner out at a local French bistro, so I will celebrate a little early, with some good red wine and a big bowl of spaghetti and bolognese (I know, not French, but it's good!).

On Sunday we'll enjoy the food on the menu below, which I'll prepare but will spend the day scooting out of the kitchen each time my husband comes in so he can pretend the food fairy just waved her magic wand.

Brunch

Cheese Danish and Fresh fruit


Dinner

Caprese Skewers and mixed olives
Steak on the grill
Baked Potatoes with bacon, sour cream and chives
Green Salad


2 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

A French bistro sounds like fun. Have you posted the recipe for those granola bars you mentioned the other day? If they are as good as your granola I'd love to try them.

Linda said...

Blessings to you for a very happy Mother's Day! Your example is one I follow every day.
Love, Linda