Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing



This recipe is one of those very simple things that I rarely take time to do. I make many vinaigrette dressings, but my children actually prefer a ranch dressing. Recently I prepared a simple iceberg and tomato salad for dinner (I cut my finger badly during dinner prep, so that's why the salad was super simple), and fortunately had all the ingredients for this wonderful buttermilk dressing in the fridge to jazz it up. The kids scarfed it down and came back for seconds. Note to self: kids like simple salads.

This recipe is Simple Recipes' and it's easy and great tasting and that's all I need to make it again.


Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 t. lemon juice
1/8 t. paprika
1/4 t. mustard powder
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. black pepper
1 T. chopped fresh parsley
1 t. chopped fresh chives
1/4 t. of dry dill (or a teaspoon chopped fresh)

 In a medium bowl, stir together the buttermilk and mayonnaise until fully mixed. Add in the other ingredients, adjusting for taste.

Keeps for a week, covered in the fridge (if it lasts that long!).




3 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Gosh that sounds good, might have to get some mayo and buttermilk! We have lots of chives growing in the spring, I'll have to print this up and remember it for that!

Jamie Jo said...

I love and crave salads, and my mouth is watering just seeing your salad!

Abby said...

I always take the easy way out with the bottle, too! But it's so much better this way. Hope your finger is all better!