Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bacon, Tomato and Grilled Cheese



.

I really wanted to bring you another dessert tonight, but I was afraid you would think that's all I feed my family. So, instead I bring a very tasty (albeit quite unhealthy) sandwich. We ate these yummy sammies for lunch this week and I'm afraid they might become a habit if I don't stop buying bacon. Oh well, we're working hard and working all those calories off!

I know you don't need a recipe, but because this is a cooking blog, I'm writing it down.


Bacon, Tomato and Grilled Cheese

Printer version

for each sandwich:
2 pieces bacon fried and halved
2 thin slices fresh beefsteak tomato (or whatever kind you have)
1 1/2 slices Velveeta cheese
2 slices white bread (or wheat, if you must)
a bit of butter for grilling

Preheat skillet or griddle.

Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice of bread butter side down on hot griddle. Add bacon slices, cheese slice and then tomato slices. Grill until golden brown, flip, and grill the other side until golden. Serve.


.

2 comments:

Chef Dennis Littley said...

what a great sandwich!! I love velvetta on a grilled cheese, bacon and tomato, now thats living!!

Barbara said...

Thanks, Dennis. What a nice blog you have and what a great man you are feeding all those girls! God bless you.