Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Berry Salad



.




As soon as I start to notice berries offered for a reasonable price during the spring, I start buying -- usually blackberries, blueberries and strawberries each week. I know my children will eat fresh fruit if I serve berries. This salad has become a favorite of ours; in fact, I have to stop Faith from eating the whole bowl. She has to wait for seconds until everyone else has been served, and only then after she eats something else on her plate. She loves it. Sometimes I put purple grapes in also, especially if one of the berries doesn't look good at the store. It's a simple combination, but with the addition of the blackberry yogurt, turns into something special. I taste each individual berry to decide if the salad needs a little bit of sugar before I add the yogurt -- there's nothing worse than biting into a really tart berry (well, I'm sure there is
something worse, but you know).



Berry Salad
6 salad servings

Printer version


1 cup blackberries, rinsed and dried
1 to 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and dried
1 to 2 cups sliced strawberries
1 container Yoplait Blackberry Harvest yogurt (not Light version -- it has artificial sweeteners)
sugar to taste

Toss berries together in serving bowl. If any of the berries are tart, sprinkle with a tablespoon or so of sugar. Toss. Add yogurt and stir. Chill until ready to serve -- not more than 30 minutes.


.

No comments: