Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekly Menu

.

We had a busy weekend and so I am late getting to my menu this week. I have noticed, however, that the freezer is too packed to put another thing in, so we are eating what we have this week, and I don't have to go to the store. With Lent beginning, I plan to have simple meals, for the most part, and so cleaning out the freezer is a good thing.

Peach has a birthday this week, on Ash Wednesday. We would normally eat pretty sparsely that day, but we will have dessert since her grandma is coming over -- cheese pizza and cake.

Monday
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: Wedding Soup, Challah

Tuesday
Lunch: Shrovetide pancakes and fruit
Dinner: Breaded Pork Cutlets, Macaroni and Cheese, green peas, Fastnachts

Wednesday
Lunch: birthday lunch out
Dinner: Cheese pizza, salad, Chocolate Marble Cake with Pink Frosting decorated with an angel (the princess requests)

Thursday
Lunch: Scrambled egg sandwiches
Dinner: Porcupine meatballs, mashed potatoes, green beans

Friday
Lunch: bagels and cream cheese
Dinner:
Southwestern Hash and poached eggs, fruit


* Tried and true
* new to me

1 comment:

Abby said...

Right before I got here I was at Homesick Texan, where she was talking about Shrovetide Pancakes. New to me, but we Moravians are pretty simple folk with few Lenten traditions! I love the idea, though.