Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Weekly Menu

This week I am making a big push toward low acid and low fat cooking. I'm trying quite a few new recipes this week -- I think it's time to break into some new dishes! And I'm guessing that we won't even be able to tell they are low fat. Giant Eagle has their 92 % lean ground beef on sale for $2.99 a pound, and I'm going to stock up for future weeks. They also have bone-in chicken breasts on sale which I love to use for low fat soups and stews.

Saturday
Dinner:
Santa Fe Pork Chops and Firecracker Salsa, mashed potatoes, buttered corn


Sunday
Lunch:
Ham and Egg Cups, Cinnamon Bun Bread
Dinner: French Onion Burgers, Apple Slaw, baked potatoes

Monday
Lunch: soup and sandwiches
Dinner: Turkey Stew (made with turkey tenderloins -- also on sale this week), Brother's bread

Tuesday
Lunch: Lunchy Munchy Corndog muffins
Dinner: White Chicken Chili, Cornbread or corn chips, fruit salad (The chili recipe is from Don't Panic: Dinner's in the Freezer. I've never posted this recipe -- although we've enjoyed it many times, but I found it online here.)

Wednesday
Lunch: Chili and baked potatoes
Dinner: Pinto Bean Nachos (taco meat nachos for the boys and Doug; no salsa for me)

Thursday
Lunch: Pancakes
Dinner: Meatloaf with brown gravy, mashed potatoes, steamed green beans

Friday
Lunch:
Tuna salad sandwiches
Dinner: Baked Oatmeal, Scrambled eggs, fruit

No comments: