Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

More Than One Way to Skin a Cat

.

a.k.a. Recognizing my limitations




As of 2:59 p.m. the stove has not been delivered. My window was 2:30 to 4:30, but at 1 p.m., I received a call saying they could be up to an hour late.

I called the bakery and asked if they had any cupcakes left. They did. They frosted them and topped them with roses for me. I picked them up at 2 p.m.

I concede that some situations are beyond my control, and that's o.k. I have to believe St. Therese would not mind to bakery cupcakes.

If I had a can of beer (my husband drinks imported bottles) I could make beer can chicken on the grill. Instead I'll have to figure something else to do with my two whole chickens. I'll probably get out my electric roaster. A compromise.



.

2 comments:

Anne said...

wow - the oven you're waiting on looks awesome!!

Jamie Jo said...

Oh, poor Barbara!

I know my limitations (at least today) and have nothing to make anything "rosy" and have no plans to take 5 children (4 of them wild in the store) out in the rain today, so we will settle on Mathilda's wonderful coloring sheets!

I, do, however have 2 big bags of apples for baking plus another for eating, so plan to make 2 apple pies...I need the room in the fridge for this weekend's Baptism!!