Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Carrabba's House Salad Dressing

.

A friend gave me Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2 a couple years ago and the other day I pulled it out to see what looked interesting. I needed a quick dressing for salad with dinner and I thought I might find something.

What I found was a knock-off for Carrabba's House Dressing, a creamy Parmesan, and the dressing was so easy and yummy, I want to share. I like to make my own dressing -- I think they are better than bottled and if you have some basic ingredients on hand you almost never need to buy bottled dressing. Except for ranch, which the kids eat with veggies, salad dressing almost always goes to waste in my house.

I have not been to Carrabba's in at least a year, so I can't say if this is exactly their house dressing, but it was delicious anyway -- very garlicky, with a little zing. I tossed it with a simple salad of Romaine lettuce, sliced red onion, chopped red pepper and diced tomato.



Carrabba's House Dressing (Creamy Parmesan)

1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. buttermilk
1 1/2 t. minced garlic (I used two cloves)
1/2 t. minced parsley (I used more like 2 t.)
1/2 t. lemon juice

Whisk together ingredients and toss over salad just before serving. I salt and pepper the salad, also.



No comments: