Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Weekly Menu

.

I learned a lesson this week. One that I, apparently, need to relearn every once in a while. After feeding my brother's family dinner last Thursday and Friday (and then on Sunday and Wednesday), I decided that I would not go to the store for my weekly shopping. Since my brother is not very good at planning ahead, I ran to the store five times while he and his family were here, between Thursday and Wednesday. I spent much more time shopping that if I had sat down and planned my trip, and I spent much more money (and it wasn't because I was feeding five more). Urg.

It was a good reminder -- planning saves time and money.

Fortunately this weekend will make up for all that work, because we've been invited to dinner elsewhere on Saturday and Sunday. And all I have to bring is dessert. Awesome.


Saturday
Lunch: Skyline Chilitos
Dessert: Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cupcakes

Sunday
Lunch: Omelets
Dessert: Chocolate Covered Oreo Cake

Monday
Lunch: Bagels and cream cheese
Dinner: Sausage gravy and biscuits, fried eggs

Tuesday
Lunch: Sierra Turkey Sandwiches
Dinner: Bratwurst, Wilted Spinach Salad

Wednesday
Lunch: pizza
Dinner: Lidia's Chicken and Potatoes

Thursday
Lunch: Corn dogs
Dinner: Chicken Chop Suey

Friday
Lunch: Grilled cheese and tomato soup
Dinner: Cheese ravioli and Marinara, bread

* Tried and true
* New to me

.

No comments: