Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Recipe Review -- Bella Bruschetta Salad

.
Link
I have, today, another new recipe that we recently enjoyed. I love a salad for dinner -- one big bowl and you're done. Most salads aren't hearty enough for a supper, though. And most wouldn't entice my kids. But this one did. The cheese, pepperoni and bread filled us up (at least until snack time), and the flavors of pizza made it an all-thumbs-up recipe. Of course, college boy wasn't home and he wouldn't have touched it. But everyone else loved it. I made this recipe just as it was posted at Mennonite Girls, except I used my house cheater dressing. That's half Marzetti's Sweet Italian -- from the produce department -- and half Girard's Olde Venice. Both I can get at my grocer. I also threw in a handful of pepperoncini -- we like it spicy!




Bella Bruschetta Salad

4 cups torn romaine lettuce, or mixed lettuce
8 roma tomatoes or 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
1⁄4 cup chopped basil
1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
2 cups sliced pepperoni stick
1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup pepperoncini (optional)
4 cups cubed baguette or French bread stick
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (see note above)

Toss together lettuce, chopped tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, pepperoni, and pepperoncini. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Add bread and toss with dressing.


Source: modified from Mennonite Girls Can Cook

.

No comments: