Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Weekly Menu

.

It feels good to get outdoors and do some grilling. Now is a great time of year to eat outdoors, too -- it's not too hot and the bugs aren't bad. We have some grilling scheduled this week and I love the easy clean up of just throwing the meat on the grill.

In a week or two I'm going to have to start planning my meals around our vegetable and fruit co-op. I've never done a co-op before, but my sister-in-law and I are going together and the co-op delivers right to our door. I'm looking forward to have great fresh fruits and vegetables, but I imagine it will be a little tricky to schedule all my meals around the foods that come in my package.


Saturday

Lunch: Skyline Three-Ways
Dinner: Teriyaki Burgers (Red Robin copycat -- a likely recipe here), Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Scallions

Sunday
Lunch: Sausage Gravy and biscuits, fried eggs

Monday
Lunch: Mediterranean Veggie Pitas
Dinner: Grilled BBQ chicken drumsticks, Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad, bread

Tuesday
Lunch: Sub sandwiches
Dinner: Pork Chop Suey, noodles

Wednesday
Lunch: Egg salad sandwiches
Dinner: Chili dogs, oven fries, fruit

Thursday
Lunch: Tuna Green Pea Salad
Dinner: BLT and C Salad, Beer Bread


Friday
Lunch: Bread, cheese, fruit
Dinner: Fiery Cajun Shrimp, broccoli, French bread

.

No comments: