Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fiery Cajun Shrimp

.


You may have already seen the recipe for this family favorite on my other blog. I've been linking to it when it appears on my menu. I finally made it a point to get a picture and put the recipe here as well.

My kids inhale this shrimp, along with its yummy butter sauce -- they like spicy food, all four of them, and my husband loves it, too. When I find a good sale on shrimp, like I did last week, we enjoy. This is a Paula Deen recipe, but I make a few changes. First, I take the shells off the shrimp. I leave the tails on, but I think the shells are a big nuisance when the shrimp is swimming in butter sauce. Paula's recipe also calls for five pounds of shrimp. And as much as we enjoy, we can't enjoy that much. So I've pared down the recipe for my family of six, and made the changes below.

I always make sure we have a crusty bread and white rice to eat with the spicy butter sauce. It would also be great with some crusty bread for an appetizer.






Fiery Cajun Shrimp

1 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 T. cup lemon juice
2 T. cup ground black pepper
1 t. hot sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 t. salt
2 lb. peeled medium shrimp, tails left on
2 lemons, thinly sliced

Stir together butter, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, pepper,
hot sauce, garlic and salt.
Pour half the mixture into a large heatproof dish.
Layer half the shrimp and half the lemon slices;
then form a second layer of shrimp and lemon slices
and pour remaining sauce into the dish.
Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until shrimp are pink, stirring twice.
Serve with French bread for dipping.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks absolutely delicious! I know what's for dinner at my house on Friday. Not that there is any sacrifice involved here. (Too much letter of the law, too little spirit on my part!)

Thanks, Barbara, for your great family tested recipes!

Rachel