Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches

.

Last night we had my mom and my brother's family over for dinner. And while I knew I wouldn't be up for cooking (we ordered Take and Bake pizzas) I managed to throw together a homemade dessert. It wasn't rocket science, or even culinary genius, but it was a yummy treat nevertheless. With the recipe for Slice and Bake Cookies, and a couple tubs of ice cream, we had delicious, fresh from the oven, ice cream sandwiches in no time.

I made the cookie dough during the afternoon. Then, after dinner, with the oven still warm from the pizzas, I baked two dozen cookies, let them cool briefly and sandwiched a scoop of ice cream between two. The warmth of the cookies melted the ice cream just enough to make them easy to eat. Yums all around.

We used Espresso Chip and Mint Chocolate Chip, but any flavor you like will do. Homemade ice cream would be excellent also.

.

No comments: