Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Product Review -- It Looks Better Than It Tastes

.


I had some errands to run today, and in an effort to get out the door at the time I wanted, I told the kids that they could have a treat from Wendy's while we were out (bribery will get you everywhere).

One kid chose the
root beer float (which I've had before and have to say it is pretty good, even if it's not real ice cream -- it is real Barq's), and the other chose the regular chocolate Frosty. Being a sucker for anything strawberry, I fell for the real strawberry milkshake (real being their word, not mine). While it was decent (and I wouldn't turn down a free one) it was not nearly as good as it looks. It looks like a real strawberry milkshake, and even has teensy bits of strawberries in it to fool you. But, there was a slight hint of something not quite real in the strawberry flavor.

When I got home and found out I had wasted 11 grams of fat on it, I was even more disappointed.

At least the whipped cream (from a can) tasted real.

.

No comments: