Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Brunch Menu






I'm winding up and getting into Easter gear: cleaning the house, getting Easter outfits ready to wear and polishing shoes, dusting off the Easter baskets, getting out the Easter decorations, clearing off the dining room table and making up the grocery list.

I thought, however, I'd take a quick minute to post my brunch menu. I'm only hosting brunch this year -- we've been invited to dinner at my parents-in-law's home. And our brunch will be fairly small with just my mom and my brother's family (and mine, of course). I'm keeping it fairly simple since we'll arrive home from Easter Mass at brunch time and everyone will be hungry. I'm planning some dishes that can either be made ahead or at the last minute -- you've seen several of them here, also, so you know they're tried and true.

Easter Brunch
Ham and Potato Omelet
Cinnamon Bun Bread

Banana
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Fresh fruit salad
Milk, Juice and Coffee


See, I told you it was simple. But the kids will want to get into their Easter candy anyway, so it's plenty of food. Maybe the Cinnamon Bun Bread and Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins (I'll post the recipe later -- they're yummy and nutritious) will satisfy their sweet teeth for a while.

.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I was planning our Easter meals today and was looking for inspiration! I've never commented before, but I read your blog faithfully and love all that you share. Thanks!!