Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Weekly Menu

.
I am learning that this reflux diet is harder to follow than I thought it would be. I'm quickly exhausting my resources for "fun" food ideas and will likely at some point resort to cooking separate meals, at least occasionally. I despise doing that, and it's always been a rule in our house that everyone eats the dinner I prepare, but I suppose for medical reasons it might be o.k. Although I still won't be happy about.

I'll make one exception for Francis' diet this week and that is on Sunday. For the Feast of the Baptism of our Lord I'm going to attempt to make Diples, otherwise know as Christ's Diapers. They are a funny Greek dessert where you roll the dough up to resemble the baby Jesus' swaddling clothes. You fry them and drizzle them with honey. Although Our Lord was not baptized as an infant, the Feast Day closes the Christmas Season, which is why, I suppose, you make Diples on this Feast, and also in remembrance of our own baptism.

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline chili or California Chicken Sandwich and low fat
Dinner: Oriental Sesame Chicken Strips, Chow Mein from Panda, steamed broccoli

Sunday
Brunch: Ham and Egg Breakfast Cups with Hash Browns
Dinner: Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, bread, Christ's Diapers

Monday
Lunch: Cream cheese and jelly sandwiches
Dinner: Ham and Gruyere Stuffed Potatoes, Plantation Beans and Cabbage, Blueberry smoothie

Tuesday
Lunch: Lunch meat in pita pockets
Dinner: Scrambled eggs, Hash Brown Casserole (somthing like this), fresh fruit salad

Wednesday
Lunch: Bagels and cream cheese
Dinner: Turkey Marsala, spaghetti, bread, green beans, Lemon Cream Napoleon

Thursday
Lunch: chili con queso and chips
Dinner: French Onion Soup (or tomato soup) and Grilled Cheese

Friday
Lunch: Egg salad sandwiches
Dinner:
Asian Salmon, white rice, stir fried carrots and broccoli

* Tried and true
New to Me

.

No comments: