Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Weekly Menu

This is a busy week for us. There are several feast days that we would like to celebrate, as well as celebrating the first week of Advent. I've not started baking for Christmas yet -- first we clean the house and clean out some closets. So, while I'm trying to squeeze in a few Feast Day recipes, I'm trying to keep the menu simple to get other things done.

Today's Pork Roast helps immensely. It's a great, simple crock pot recipe, and since I was able to get a huge roast on sale, I will have enough for at least one day of lunches. Monday's tacos help a lot too, since that is also a great crock pot recipe.

Have a great week. If there's a recipe you'd like, leave me a comment.


Sunday
Brunch: Fried Mush, sausage links, fruit
Dinner: Garlic Pork Roast, Matilda's Mashed
Potatoes and Squash, Glazed Carrots, Toll House Pie

Monday -- Feast of St. Frances Xavier
Lunch: Macaroni and Cheese
Dinner: Spicy Shredded Chicken Tacos, cabbage, sour cream, onion, Mexican Rice, Churros for St. Frances Xavier

Tuesday
Lunch: Pork sandwiches
Dinner: Buccatini with Pancetta, Tomato and Onion, Salad with Balsamic vinaigrette, Ciabatta

Wednesday
Lunch: Baked Potatoes
Dinner: Honey Garlic Meatballs, white rice, stir-fried broccoli and carrots

Thursday -- Feast of St. Nicholas
Lunch: St. Nicholas Pizza
Dinner: Guacamole topped Ham Po' Boys, oven fries, St. Nikolaus Speculatius Cookies

Friday
Lunch: Bagels and Cream Cheese
Dinner: Salmon Patties, Macaroni and Cheese, peas

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline Chili
Dinner: Pizza party -- Antipasto platter, CPK Balsamic Salad, Homemade Pizza, Creme Brulee
.
* Tried and True
* New to me

.

4 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

I am so glad that your family has adopted the chicken tacos. They are fabulously easy and versatile! And can I tell you how impressed that you make your own Ciabatta? Molto bene!

JANET said...

How are you doing with your decorating? Mine is going slowly. I enjoy checking out your recipes...so different from mine, and it is nice to try something new.

Barbara said...

Janet,
We only have the advent calendar and wreath and the Jesse Tree out right now. We get everything else out later in the month. The kids are bugging me everyday, but I'm holding out until the 15th at least. I like to have a little Advent before we start celebrating Christmas. If I had my way, I would wait to get everything out until the weekend just before Christmas, but the kids eventually wear me down!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to my blog! Visit any time!

MJ