Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weekly Menu

Eegads. Back to life. We've had company many nights for the past week and, honestly, I'm tired of cooking. My family, however, continues to eat. So we will go for a happy medium this week. Some turkey leftovers, some foods that are not flavored with celery, onion or cranberry.
Red beans and rice on Monday will fulfill my need for easy, inexpensive comfort food, and turkey and noodles on Wednesday fills the need to use up the turkey and stock I got from cooking the turkey carcass.

Sunday
Lunch: leftover pizza
Dinner: Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole, Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad, fruit

Monday
Lunch: leftover mashed potatoes, dressing, and gravy
(packer: Ham and Swiss sandwich, chips, veggies)
Dinner: Red Beans, Sausage and Rice, Hearth Bread

Tuesday
Lunch: eat out
(packers: Ham and Swiss sandwich, orange quarters, cookies)
Dinner: Eggs and Salsa, Fried Potatoes, corn muffins

Wednesday
Lunch: Mini Ham and Cheese Quiches, orange quarters
(packers: PB & J, chips, veggies)
Dinner: Turkey and Noodles, steamed carrots, fruit

Thursday
Lunch: grilled ham sandwich, chips
(packers: buy)
Dinner: Orange Chicken, white rice, stir-fried broccoli

Friday -- Feast of St. Andrew
Lunch: Bird's Nest
(packers: PB & J, Cheez-its, orange quarters)
Dinner: Salmon Tetrazzini, salad, bread

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline Chili
Dinner: Pizza

.

2 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Since I didn't cook, I have no turkey leftovers! Except for the escarole soup that my brother-in-law kindly sent home with me--he knows it's my favorite.
Must be the week for "breakfast for dinner." I've got that set up for Saturday, but things may change. I wanted it today, but my husband had a big egg breakfast for breakfast. Wasn't going to make him eat that twice in a day.

Unknown said...

I can't believe, after a week of eating, you've actually succeeded in making me hungry. Thanks. (she smirks)