Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Weekly Menu


We are entering into our last week of summer. Next week we get back into our rigid schedules, so I will try to appreciate the extra bit of time I have this week and make some special desserts, especially to enjoy on the feast days we celebrate this week. We also have the first SC football game on Friday, so my menu plans for that eve may or may not go out the window in favor of a tailgate party. We'll let the weather be the decider.


Monday -- Feast of St. Bernard
Lunch:
Hanky Pankies
Dinner: Blue Cheese Burgers, French fries, corn on the cob, Lemon Mousse Pie

Tuesday
Lunch: Corned beef sandwiches
Dinner: Tacos,
refritos, Mexican rice, tomatoes, cabbage, Flan

Wednesday
Lunch: Chicken nuggets and Waffle fries
Dinner: Spaghetti and Meatballs, bread, salad, Chocolate Chip Biscotti cookies

Thursday - Feast of St. Rose of Lima
Lunch: Nachos
Dinner: Chicken Paprika, green beans, Arroz con Leche

Friday -- Feast of St. Bartholomew
Lunch: Tuna salad sandwiches
Dinner: Paula's Fiery Cajun Shrimp, white rice, French bread, broccoli, White Gingerbread and whipped cream

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline
Dinner: Homemade Pizza, Brownies

Sunday
Lunch: eat out
Dinner: Panda Express Orange Chicken, white rice, steamed broccoli and carrots, Pumpkin Mousse

If you see anything you'd like the recipe for, just leave me a comment.

.


7 comments:

Lady Eleanor said...

What a wonderful blog! I just love everything and can't wait to begin trying some of your scrumptious recipes. Thank you so much for sharing them and will be sure to let others know to come visit you too :)

Dea said...

Hi Barbara - This is going to sound weird, but I'd love to see your taco recipe and everything that goes with it! DH LOVES tacos, but I hate to admit, I've only ever made them from one of those kits! *CRINGE* So I would love to see a proper recipe and the sides all sounds delicious too!!! Thanks!

Barbara said...

Thank you Helena. I'm glad you stopped by.

Deborah -- I don't have a recipe written down, but when I make them on Tuesday, I will write it down. I don't use a mix -- too much salt (and who knows what else). I use some tomato sauce and spices from my cabinet. It ends up tasting pretty close to the package, but I know what's in it.

I'll post after Tuesday.

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Your lemon mousse pie looks delicious. Tell me your deep dark secret: do you make your own pie crust? If so, my sweet, please share your favorite recipe.

Lard?

Butter?

A combination?

A light & flaky crusty is what I'm after (but am not yet obtaining).

Barbara said...

The Lemon Mousse Pie was good, but a little tart for my taste. This is the first time I've made it, since I found it on Catholic Culture website. I guess more sugar? I suspected that 1 c. would not be quite enough.

I use an old Crisco pie crust recipe.

For a single pie crust:
1-1/3 level cups all-purpose flour
1/2 level teaspoon salt
1/2 level cup Crisco
3 tablespoons cold water

I have never been very happy with a butter-only crust -- it's a different flavor. I have made it with lard and I must say it is better. But with early heart attacks running in my family I can't do that to us on a regular basis. I have read that vinegar in your crust makes it flakier, but never tried it.

I've also been known to pick up a Pillsbury pie crust at the grocer (although they're kind of pricey) and the frozen crusts are good as well.

I usually make my own just because it's simpler -- I always have those ingredients.

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Thanks, Barbara!

Nicole said...

I found your blog on foodie blogroll. Not sure if you are aware, there is a Menu Monday at http://orgjunkie.blogspot.com every Monday where you can post your weekly meals. :)