Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekly Menu -- July 23 through July 29


Last week I borrowed a cookbook from the library (Saving Dinner) -- it's a meal planning cookbook and while I won't use the meal plans, there were some yummy-looking recipes to try. I'm planning to try quite a few of the recipes in the next month, and hopefully once I put them on the menu I won't have to abandon ship after the first few tries. Sometimes I do that -- find that the cookbook is a bomb and then have to redo my monthly menu. There were quite a few Crock Pot recipes (mostly for chicken) that I'm planning. So, I'll let you know what I think and post some of the really good ones.

Monday
Lunch: fast food -- need to go to the grocery
Dinner: Blueberry French Toast (I will be posting the recipe for the Blueberry Festival at The Virtual Kitchen), sausage, fruit salad

Tuesday
Lunch: Chicken Noodle Soup
Dinner: Marinated chicken, rice pilaf, tossed salad

Wednesday
Lunch: Cheese and Bean Quesadillas
Dinner: Spaghetti and Sauce with Sausage, salad, bread

Thursday
Lunch: Chicken Nuggets, Carrot sticks
Dinner: Hungarian Hamburger Steaks, Mashed Potatoes, Buttered Carrots

Friday
Lunch: Tomato soup and grilled cheese
Dinner: Black bean soup, Doodle Bugs

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline
Dinner: (Company's coming) Chicken and Steak Kabobs, Wild Rice Casserole, Green Beans with Shallots and Red Pepper, Texas Sheet Cake and Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

Sunday
Lunch: Sausage Gravy and Biscuits and Eggs
Dinner: Crock Pot Cabbage Rolls, Rolls




No comments: