Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekly Menu -- July 16 through 22

This week we'll try to use up some leftovers from many family cookouts, as well as what's in the freezer from my meat purchase this month.

Monday Feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
Lunch: fast food
Dinner: Steak sandwiches (using leftover steak), Twice Baked potatoes, Buttered Corn, Gourmet Vanilla Chocolate Ice Cream with Coffee Sauce (this Coffee Sauce turned out fabulous -- we were licking our bowls!)

Tuesday
Lunch: Bagels and cream cheese and salami, fruit
Dinner: Caesar Marinated Grilled Chicken, Lentil stew, salad

Wednesday
Lunch: Birds Nests
Dinner: Loosemeat Sandwiches, Fried potatoes, Tomato Cucumber salad

Thursday
Lunch: Ham sandwiches, chips, fruit
Dinner: Crockpot Garlic Chicken (we went to a family cookout yesterday, so we never ate this), Yellow rice, Peas and Carrots, Cucumbers

Friday
Lunch: Tomato Soup
Dinner: Black Bean Soup, Doodle Bugs

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline Chili
Dinner: St. Matthew Festival -- Italian Sausages for dinner

Sunday
Lunch: Sausage gravy, biscuits, eggs
Dinner: Spicy Oven Fried Chicken , Chicken noodles, salad, bread or biscuits

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara,

Last week I looked at the Crockpot Garlic Chicken recipe, and I never made it because I thought it looked a little "funny". I finally figured it out - there's no liquid in the recipe.

Today I decided to try the recipe but with some broth and wine. I'll let you know how it turns out later.

Barbara said...

Elaine -- I thought that was strange also, but I have never used my new-to-me (from my mil) Crock Pot and thought that was normal for Crock Pots. Don't you think the chicken would produce enough juice on it's own?

Anonymous said...

Wow, the chicken turned out wonderfully. I didn't follow the recipe exactly as I didn't have all the ingredients, but it sure tastes really good! Moist, tender and very flavorful. The sauce is to die for (as I added chicken broth and white wine as well)!!

scmom, I don't know if the chicken can produce enough juice on it's own. I've never made anything in the crockpot without adding some liquid, even just a little.

I'll be eagerly waiting for Barbara's result with the chicken...

Anonymous said...

oops, I just realized that you are scmom, Barbara!! lol!

I'm really dense sometimes! : )