Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Cheater Fruit Crisp


Most of my recipes are real-deal made-from-scratch recipes. Occasionally I use a can of soup, but especially for desserts, I almost always start from scratch. It truly tastes better. This recipe is the exception. Now, I wouldn't make this if we were having company -- especially someone whose cooking I myself admire. But, for our family and even extended family, it's good. My favorite is cherry, but I found some good blueberry pie filling at the store. It was Baker brand, and it was really a true blueberry. I couldn't find a link, so it must be a small company. I shop at a discount grocer and they frequently get odd brands. I would definitely buy it again -- it was better than the bigger brand names. Anyway, here's the recipe. It took me 8 minutes from start to oven. Not many recipes I can say that about. This picture was taken at the last step -- pouring on the melted butter.



Fruit Crisp

two small cans pie filling, any flavor (or one large jar)
1 - ¼ cup Bisquick
½ cup sugar
½ t. cinnamon
1 egg
¼ cup melted butter

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Put fruit in an 8 x 8 pan. Mix Bisquick, sugar and cinnamon. Beat egg and pour over Bisquick mixture and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. Pour melted butter over dry mix. Bake 25 minutes

No comments: