Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, June 4, 2007

Weekly Menu -- June 4 through June 10

Much ado about food. Most of Sunday was spent in the kitchen, and all that I could think about was how to get out of the kitchen. I usually enjoy cooking, however on Sunday I had too many things to do. But, I had made a menu and I was sticking to it. Unfortunately, I planned too many time-consuming dishes for one day. Anyway, that all got me to thinking about how much time I dedicate to food and feeding my family. Is too much? I really don't know. But the whole thought process landed me at a new blog.

On to the purpose for this post -- this week's menu. I don't know if those who read my blog get tired of seeing what I'm cooking. Maybe. But, it does help me gather my plans and recipes and prepare for the week. And preparation saves time. Spend a few minutes here and save time every day.

This week there are a few really good recipes that I will share later in the week. Monday's
Black bean, Chicken and Cheese Bake is a real comfort dish. It's really like macaroni and cheese with chicken, black beans and green chilies. It's yummy. The kids love it and Doug loves it, and it's pretty easy.

I'll post the recipe for Tuesday night's Slice and Bake Cookies, also. It's great to keep a roll of this dough in the fridge and just slice off and bake a dozen after dinner or school. And Friday's Oatmeal Creme Pies are a great homemade treat.

Monday
Lunch: Ham sandwiches
Dinner: Black bean, Chicken and Cheese Bake, Fruit Salad,
S'mores

Tuesday
Lunch: Beans and Franks
Dinner: Turkey Tetrazzini, Green beans, Slice and Bake cookies

Wednesday
Lunch: Leftover Black bean, chicken and cheese bake
Dinner: Italian Sausage sandwiches, Pasta salad, Homemade ice cream and Cookies

Thursday
Lunch: Fast food
Dinner: Cheeseburger Rolls, corn, fruit, ice cream


Friday
Lunch: Welsh Rarebit
Dinner: Light and Spicy Fish, Garlic mashed potatoes, Sugar snap peas, Oatmeal Creme Pies

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline
Chilitos
Dinner: Pizza -- pepperoni and
Marguerita

Sunday
Lunch:
Chipotle
Dinner: Angel hair pasta, Spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage, Salad, Bread, Blueberry Crisp

If you see any other recipes you want, just leave a comment.

No comments: