Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekly Menu -- June 25 to July 1

I will post a few recipes from this week's menu, later in the week. I was so pleased with myself this month -- I remembered to look at the feast day calendar before I made my menu, so I could incorporate some fun feast day recipes into my menu. Tuesday is the Memorial of St. Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer, and while he was Spanish, not Mexican, we made an effort. The Flan will be authentic -- I'll post the recipe.

And Wednesday's Baked Ziti is not something I would normally make in June, especially during a hot week, like we are predicted to have, but I'm trying to get it made for Deborah's "Make My Kids Eat" contest. The Baked Ziti was a special request from her, so maybe it will have an advantage! I'll post the recipe with pictures.

Monday
Lunch: pizza
Dinner: Grilled chicken, grilled veggies, bread,

Tuesday
Memorial of St. Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer
Lunch: cheese quesadillas
Dinner: Tacos, Taco Lentils and Rice, cabbage,
tomatoes, Flan

Wednesday
Lunch: Bagels and Cream Cheese
Dinner: Baked Ziti, salad, bread.
Ice Cream and strawberries

Thursday
Lunch: Grilled sandwiches
Dinner: Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup, cornbread, sherbet

Friday
Solemnity of Sts. Peter and Paul, apostles
Lunch: Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
Dinner: Deviled Crab, biscuits, butternut squash, Sweet Blueberry Pizza

Saturday
Lunch: Skyline
Dinner: Hot dogs on the fire, brats on the grill, potato salad, veggies and dip, Key Lime Cheesecake

Sunday
Lunch: BLTs, chips
Dinner: Grilled pork tenderloin, pasta salad, fresh fruit

If you see a recipe you'd like, please leave a comment and I'll post it.

No comments: