Merciful God, You are great in compassion and Your tenderness for us is without measure. We ask You to give us today our daily bread, and also provide for the needs of all of Your hungry children around the world. Through Christ Your Son and Our Lord. Amen.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekly Menu -- June 18 through June 24

This week has a few recipes that I will share as the week goes on. Monday night's Porcupine Meatballs are a kid favorite (and mom and dad favorite). This is a meal that my mom fixed when I was a kid, so naturally I enjoy it. But, I can't imagine any kid not enjoying this meal. It's good homey food.

Thursday's Santa Fe Pork Chops and Firecracker Salsa is another family favorite. I would never have guessed that my kids would eat a spicy cucumber, pineapple salsa, but they do -- they love it.

And Friday's Cuban Black Beans and Rice is one of my favorites. I used to live in Tampa, Florida, and these beans taste just like the Cuban beans we used to eat down there. I could eat them every day, but I love beans of any kinds. My kids are just so-so on them.

Monday
Lunch: frozen pizza
Dinner: Porcupine Meatballs, mashed potatoes, steamed cabbage, peaches

Tuesday
Lunch: scrambled egg sandwiches
Dinner: Smoked sausage, Bread and cheese pudding, peas and carrots, Tapioca
Pudding

Wednesday
Lunch: Pancakes
Dinner: Hamburgers, guacamole, macaroni and cheese, ice cream

Thursday
Lunch:
Dinner: Santa Fe Pork Chops and Firecracker Salsa, Chicken rice and roni, tomatoes, S’mores

Friday
Lunch: Cheese Enchiladas
Dinner: Cuban Black beans and rice, salad, Mexican
Ice Cream Pie


Saturday
Lunch: Skyline
Dinner: My mom's cooking for my birthday

Sunday
Lunch: Sausage gravy and biscuits, eggs
Dinner: Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Marsala, garlic
mashed potatoes, asparagus, Mud Slide Ice Cream
Cake


No comments: